Get Rid of Ants
Get Rid of Ants
This is a great simple solution to Get Rid of Ants using only three ingredients.
All you need is:
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Borax
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Cotton balls or paper towel
A small caution. Once you make this ant killing mixture it will look like water. Please label your container before continuing. Find a safe place to store this mixture and ensure everyone in your home is aware of the dangers contained!
Making the mixture:
- Mix the Borax and sugar together until well combined.
- Add the mixture to your warm water and mix constantly until the powder has been completely dissolved.
- Seal the mixture in a jar or container for future use, and use only what you need.
- Fill some jar lids, milk caps, or other shallow containers with cotton balls or a wad of paper towel.
- Add the sugar-Borax solution to the prepared lids making sure to soak the cotton balls (or paper towel).
Using the mixture:
- If you know where the ants are travelling, put this directly in their path! Try to short circuit the ants and prevent them from getting into your food.
- Outside the ant hill. If there is going to be no rain for a while this may be a quick way to kill off a lot of the ants in a short amount of time.
- Any place you see ants. Anywhere ants are coming in, place some of this mixture in their way. We hope they will find this food suitable and never go any further!
A few notes:
To start, you may see a few more ants. There is this new amazing food source, the ants will want to get as much as possible. As the days pass by and the ants bring this food home to share. More and more will die and less and less will come!
As you notice there are less ants coming, keep placing down your lids. Until you see no more ants for at least a week keep this ant killing mixture out!
Be weary of pets! This mixture is sugar, water and Borax! Dogs and cats may be attracted to the sugar and can become sick!
Incoming search terms:
- Square Foot Gardening Plant Spacing